Kokanee Cup (Short-Handed Sailing Series)
Kokanee Cup Series 2021
May 16, June 13, July 18, & Aug 15
The Short Handed Sailing Series was something we started in 2020 to allow us to continue getting out on the water and sailing during COVID-19.
This event encourages some friendly racing and limits each boat to a maximum of three people (so you can come race with your COVID bubble).
These races will be white sail only, unless there are enough boats and interest to justify two fleets.
Notice of Race
Kokanee Cup (Short-Handed Series) – Kootenay Lake Sailing Association (KLSA)
May 16, June 13, July 18, & Aug 15 – Nelson, BC
- Racing Rules of Sailing and BC Sailing PHRF rules apply.
- White sails only, 3 crew maximum allowed.
- At least 3 races will be held each day weather permitting. The best 8 finishes by a boat will be used for scoring the series so boats do not have to enter every race day.
- Register by sending
Skipper/boat name and model to email@example.com
and include a copy of your insurance along with $20 race fee for the series.
- Skippers must be KLSA members in good standing (paid up dues).
- If you don’t have a BC sailing phrf certificate for your current sail plan
the KLSA Race Committee will assign one.
- Sailing Instructions will be emailed to registered skippers the day before each event and maybe modified at the skippers meeting
to be held 20 minutes prior to race start on the Hall Street wharf.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By entering, each competitor warrants the suitability of the entered boat for the races. In particular, owners shall accept full responsibility for the seaworthiness and safe navigation of their boats and the competence of their crew and use their own judgment whether to start, continue or retire from a race in the existing or forecasted conditions. Owners shall draw the attention of their crews to this disclaimer before the start of any race and also to RRS Fundamental Rule 4, Decision to Race: The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating keel boat must be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $1,000,000 CND per event or the equivalent.