WELCOME TO THE
Kootenay Lake Sailing Association
Sail with us on Kootenay Lake
Welcome to the KLSA (Kootenay Lake Sailing Association) website! KLSA is a not-for-profit group of sailors who enjoy getting together and promoting fun and safe sailing on Kootenay Lake. The Kootenay Lake Sailing Association was started in 2000 by a bunch of enthusiastic Nelsonites looking to expand sailing on Kootenay Lake.
Up for some friendly competition?
Every year we host several regattas throughout the summer months.
Beer can races
Wednesdays at 5pm and Sundays at 2pm from May to October.
From Rum Cup Challenges in the Winter to clinics and socials, join us for some sailing-related fun!
Please note, due to the current Covid-19 situation all event dates are tentative. More information will be emailed to members closer to event dates.
- May 1 – Wednesday Beer Can Races Begin
- May 5 – Sunday Beer Can Races Begin
- May 29 – Derelict Boat Removal
- June 7 – Sunday Short-Handed Sailing Series 1
- June 21 – Father’s Day Regatta
- July 1 – Canada Day Sail Past & Water Fight
- July 4-5 – Nelson Regatta
- July 19 – Sunday Short Handed Sailing Series 2
- Aug 16 – Sunday Short Handed Sailing Series 3
- Sept 5-6 – Gray Creek Regatta