The Nelson Regatta
The nelson regatta
July 12-14, 2019
Join the KLSA for our annual Nelson Regatta which takes place right in the heart of Nelson. Registration/social Friday evening followed by two days of racing.
Cover photo: Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism.
Notice of Race
Nelson Sailing Regatta – Kootenay Lake Sailing Association (KLSA)
JULY 13 AND 14TH at Nelson on Kootenay Lake
- 1700hrs to 1900 hrs on Friday July 12th at the Finleys Bar & Grill 705 Vernon St., Nelson
- (late registration*) between 0900 hrs and 0930 hrs on Saturday May 30th on the Prestige Inn wharf
- Entry fees are $50/boat paid at time of registration and $60 for late registration*
- A copy of insurance demonstrating $1,000,000 of 3rd party liability for the boat being sailed is required to register.
- The races will be held on Kootenay Lake in front of the government wharf at the north end of Hall Street, Nelson, BC on July 13th from 1100 hrs till 1630 hrs and July 14th from 1000 hrs till 1530 hrs.
- No races will begin after 1630 hrs on July 13th and 1530hrs on July 14th.
- Sailing instructions, course maps and numbers and class flags will be issued at the skippers meeting on the Government Wharf (north end of Hall Street) at 0930 hrs on Saturday, July 13th. Sailing instructions may change some of the RRS so all skippers must attend this meeting.
There will be 2* keelboat divisions , one for phrf rate boats < 160 and one for boats rated >160 phrf. *
**These numbers may be adjusted to equalize the fleet sizes and if sufficient numbers register a 3rd division may be added for boats with phrf rating of 200+.
If no 2019 BC Sailing PHRF certificate is held by the boat a rating a PHRF rating will be assigned by the KLSA Race Committee.
Boats are strongly encouraged to get a 2019 BC Sailing PHRF Certificate out of respect for their competitors and to prevent criticism of the race committee decisions (which you probably won’t like)
Saturday Night Social
- On July 13th a smokie roast and raft up will be held at 192 Johnstone Rd. for crew and all KLSA members. Smokies and buns will be provided by the KLSA, BYOB and potluck salads, deserts, appies if it works for you.
- Parking is limited but there is lots of space on Johnstone Rd to park and there are 2 pins and a dock for rafting purposes
- Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each racing fleet. Special categories of sailors/boats will also receive prizes, these will be announced in future notices.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By entering, each competitor warrants the suitability of the entered boat for the races. In particular, owners shall accept full responsibility for the seaworthiness and safe navigation of their boats and the competence of their crew and use their own judgment whether to start, continue or retire from a race in the existing or forecasted conditions. Owners shall draw the attention of their crews to this disclaimer before the start of any race and also to RRS Fundamental Rule 4 (Decision to Race)
Each participating keel boat must be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $1,000,000 Cndn per event or the equivalent.
Thank you to the following local businesses for your generosity and support: