Gray Creek Regatta
Notice of Race
Gray Creek Regatta – Kootenay Lake Sailing Association (KLSA)
August 31-Sept 1 at The Lakeview, Gray Creek, BC
The annual Gray Creek Regatta will be held on August 31st and Sept 1st on Crawford Bay in Kootenay Lake in front of the Lakeview Store (14729 Hwy 3A Grey Creek British Columbia, V0B 1S0, Toll Free: 1-877-227-9311) .
- Pre registration is required by August 28th in order to plan fleets and speed up registration.
- Please send name and type of boat, Phrf , name of skipper, and e-transfer to email@example.com
- Waiver signing with a meet and greet social will be held at the Lakeview Store (camping area) above the marina from 1900 to 2000 hrs on August 30th.
- Late registration will be from 0700 to 0900 hrs hrs on August 31st at the same location
- Entry fees are $50/boat paid at time of registration and $60 for late registration
- A copy of insurance demonstrating $1,000,000 of 3rd party liability for the boat being sailed is required to register.
- A skippers meeting will be held at 1015 hrs at the registration table.
- Racing instructions may be modified and skippers will be given notice of these modifications at that time.
- Changes to these instructions will not be posted so it is necessary to attend the skippers meeting on time.
- Races will begin at 1100 hrs on August 31th and continue until 1600 hrs or until the race officials indicate the last race of the day. No races will begin after 1600 hrs.
- Races will begin at 1000 hrs on Sept 1st and continue until 1500 after which no races will be started.
- Awards will be given out at about 1630 hrs on the Lakeview Marina Dock.
- There will be 2* keelboat divisions , one for phrf rate boats < 160 and one for boats rated >160 phrf.
*These numbers may be adjusted to equalize the fleet sizes
- If there are not at least 3 boats in a fleet , it will not be organized so network with others in a fleet you’d like to sail in and let us know.
- Please specify if you wish to enter the white sail cruiser fleet. (No spinnakers, long stress free courses, prizes without tears, drama or blood.
- If we get 3 or more multi hulls, dinghys, Lasers, white sail cruisers, TP51s or Open 60s we will organize a fleet.
- If no 2019 BC Sailing PHRF certificate is held by the boat a rating a PHRF rating will be assigned by the KLSA Race Committee.
- Boats are strongly encouraged to get a 2019 BC Sailing PHRF Certificate out of respect for their competitors and to prevent criticism of the race committee decisions (which you probably won’t like).
- Proof of insurance for the boat to be raced and the skippers Pleasure Craft Operators Card or Operators License must be carried (dinghy fleet exempt).
Moorage & Camping
Limited moorage, boat slips and camping are available through the Lakeview Store however this is a long weekend and reservations are recommended. Other moorage and camping is available at Fish Hawk Marina in Crawford Bay, Honeymoon Bay (anchorage) and Sawmill Cove/Pilot Bay.
Saturday Night Social
- Saturday August 31 at 1800 hrs in the campsite by the Race Committee table a potluck BBQ, with appetizers and sodas provided by the KLSA will take place.
- There will be gluten free and vegetarian options but it will have to be a BYOB affair
- Preliminary results and a number of prizes will be awarded at this time as well as some games.
- A rowing -your- dinghy race will be held prior to this social off the beach to the nearest start mark and back. Rules and handicaps will be made up based on participating crafts.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers in each fleet and special categories such at: oldest regatta T shirt, rookie of the regatta, best dressed crew, and other prizes to be announced at the skippers meeting.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By entering, each competitor warrants the suitability of the entered boat for the races. In particular, owners shall accept full responsibility for the seaworthiness and safe navigation of their boats and the competence of their crew and use their own judgment whether to start, continue or retire from a race in the existing or forecasted conditions. Owners shall draw the attention of their crews to this disclaimer before the start of any race and also to RRS Fundamental Rule 4, Decision to Race: The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating keel boat must be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $1,000,000 CND per event or the equivalent.
Thank you to the following local businesses for your generosity and support: