Fathers Day Regatta 2020
Notice of Race
Father’s Day (Stressless) Regatta – Kootenay Lake Sailing Association (KLSA)
June 21, 2020 – 10AM – Nelson, BC
- Skippers meeting with sailing instructions will be held at 10AM on the Hall Street wharf.
- There will be a $20 entry fee payable on registration (e-transfer).
- Send name, boat model,sail#, phrf rating and name and copy of current insurance to email@example.com by June 19.
- Sorry we are unable to do day-of-race registration.
- The crews are limited to 4 people, 2 of which must be from the same household and white sails only will be allowed.
- Weather permitting the will be a wiener roast at 192 Johnstone Rd afterwards but this will be limited to the current directives on social gatherings. Buns and sausages and the fire will be supplied.
- Some moorage and ferry service is available from the Prestige and parking in the Pulpit Rock trail overflow parking lot is available
- Please indicate when registering if and how many of your crew will attend.
- A copy of insurance demonstrating $1,000,000 of 3rd party liability for the boat being sailed is required to register.
There will be amendments to this Notice of Race as this is the first draft and the rules are changing quickly.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By entering, each competitor warrants the suitability of the entered boat for the races. In particular, owners shall accept full responsibility for the seaworthiness and safe navigation of their boats and the competence of their crew and use their own judgment whether to start, continue or retire from a race in the existing or forecasted conditions. Owners shall draw the attention of their crews to this disclaimer before the start of any race and also to RRS Fundamental Rule 4, Decision to Race: The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating keel boat must be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $1,000,000 CND per event or the equivalent.