The Nelson Regatta 2020
The Nelson Regatta
August 8, 2020
Join the KLSA for our annual Nelson Regatta.
Things will look a little different than usual this year with a one-day event and no big BBQ but we will still have a great time out on the water!
Photos courtesy of Mike Sagal of Moonshadow Media.
Notice of Race
The Nelson Regatta – Kootenay Lake Sailing Association (KLSA)
Aug 8, 2020 – 9:30AM – Nelson, BC
- All skippers must be members of the Kootenay Lake Sailing Association.
- The fleets will be divided by PHRF ratings and the number (2 or 3) of fleets will depend on the number of entries.
- Skippers meeting will be at 0900 hrs on the Hall St wharf at which time Sailing Instructions will be finalized.
- Racing will begin at 0930 with no races being started after 1545 hrs.
- To enter send $25 by e-transfer to email@example.com along with the
-name of skipper
-name, model and sail# of boat and PHRF rating (indicate if BC Sailing PHRF certificate is held)
using the heading NELSON REGATTA ENTRY
- Deadline for entries is 9PM on Wednesday August 5th.
- Sorry we are unable to do day-of-race registration.
- A copy of insurance demonstrating $1,000,000 of 3rd party liability for the boat being sailed is required to register.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
By entering, each competitor warrants the suitability of the entered boat for the races. In particular, owners shall accept full responsibility for the seaworthiness and safe navigation of their boats and the competence of their crew and use their own judgment whether to start, continue or retire from a race in the existing or forecasted conditions. Owners shall draw the attention of their crews to this disclaimer before the start of any race and also to RRS Fundamental Rule 4, Decision to Race: The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating keel boat must be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $1,000,000 CND per event or the equivalent.